Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Thursday 25 May 2017

Granny Bag & Scarf

I have probably said this over and over (and over)....... but so far my absolute favourite part of being a Stylecraft Blogstar was the  BLOGSTAR MEET UP on 4 February 2017.

Besides getting to meet all the other lovely Blogstars we were treated to a mystery pack of Stylecraft Yarns for Spring 2017.   Three stunning "vintage" colours were added to the Stylecraft Special DK range and I could not wait to try out a few colour combinations!


Aren't they just too pretty for words????

The three new colours are gorgeous together and so I wanted to add additional colours that would really make them stand out.   


Stylecraft Special DK "Walnut" and "Apricot" were the perfect choice for a vintage feel "Gorgeous Granny" Bag and Granny Stripe Scarf



The colours had to be divided carefully between the two projects to obtain an even balance.    For the scarf I used longish panels of Apricot and Mushroom, separated by shorter panels of Vintage Peach.    For the side stripes I used Buttermilk, Walnut and Vintage Peach edged with Apricot.   (I made the granny stripe for the scarf up and intend to use this it in a blanket design)


I used double rows of each colour for the bag in the following order:   Buttermilk, Vintage Peach, Apricot, Mushroom & Walnut. 

The pattern for the bag is available in my RAVELRY STORE

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous new colours with lovely names! Love how you've used them in the vitage bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifull colours !! Have good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new colours, gentle and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new colours, gentle and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every
    bit of it. I have got you book-marked to check out new things you post…

    ReplyDelete